Wednesday, May 23, 2012

'Vintage by Nina' in English!























The lilacs lift in generous bloom
  Their plumes of dear old-fashioned flowers;
Their fragrance fills the still old house
  Where left alone I count the hours.

High in the apple-trees the bees
  Are humming, busy in the sun, --
An idle robin cries for rain
  But once or twice and then is done.

from At Home from Church by Sarah Orne Jewett




Look who's here!

Nina Hartmann and Maria-Isabel Hansson's groundbreaking interior book 'Vintage by Nina' in English.
(Distributed in the U.S. by Atelier de Champagne in September 2012.) 

I've scanned a few images of my Swedish copy echoing the purples of my lilacs.  I absolutely don't mind books I can't read, but discovering more about Nina's aesthetic surely is better.  Corresponding with Nina a few months ago I relayed: America needs you.

Romantic yet minimalist, sentimental without saccharine.  

This is the first in a series relaying how Nina's influenced my cottage...så vackert! 




Until next time, stay shabby!




Sharing with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm 

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants 

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner 

Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse  

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage 

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home