Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vintage Ornaments, and Future Vintage Ornaments

I found a pair of pictures from Christmas 2006, hosted at the farmhouse near New Paltz, New York I sold in order to buy my property the Shabby Streamside Studio sits upon.

My sister Sue started the tradition of everyone sticking their magic wands in the chandelier (Ebay, $50, painted white).    I adopted Rachel Ashwell's idea to give your guests magic wands so all their dreams will come true, and hearts so they know when they're in your home they're always loved.


A vintage style ornament sparkles below a glass knob in the evening winter sun
as we do the dishes with Vince Guaraldi's 'Skating' playing on the stereo.

In the spirit of older things, I'm sharing pictures of a few of my vintage ornaments.

This is the mercury glass tree topper I bought on Ebay this year at $12 for a pair of toppers.    I love the bullion, and that star pattern, and I'm so glad I have a real one, not just a Target one.




Please visit The Fisk Barn whenever you're near Bovina, NY...don't be put off by how early American it looks, they have different vendors and a drool-making collection of ephemera upstairs!








The most I've ever paid for a vintage ornament was $5 at Brimfield.




'Till next time, stay shabby!